Note: to apply for this position please complete and submit the online form at the foot of this post, remembering to upload your CV and covering letter when prompted.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Programme Director with a proven ability in a medical communications agency for leading and developing client accounts, and ensuring the delivery of clear, accurate and creative work. The full-time position is based at our global head office in Cheshire; however, we will also consider applicants looking for a hybrid or home-based position.
Adelphi Communications is a leading global agency providing comprehensive and innovative medical communication solutions to the healthcare industry. Our ethos − TOGETHER WE CAN − speaks to the importance we place on the relationships we build with our valued clients, with other key experts in science and medicine, and within our own staff teams.
Our business efforts focus on five principal disciplines:
through which we channel our passion for simply and effectively commanding and communicating highly complex concepts across an impressive range of therapeutic areas. This gives us a compelling approach to developing creative and inspiring solutions to the complex strategic challenges facing
our clients and speaks to our commitment to delivering communications with impact.
We provide the right setting for professionals who want to make a difference with a vibrant and sociable team environment and a programme of targeted leadership training, in addition to our company-wide wellbeing and resilience support programme. The excellent benefits package includes a competitive base salary, company bonus, generous pension and private health insurance, and a car allowance.
- Provide strategic leadership to assigned accounts to ensure achievement of client objectives, including proactively taking strategic challenges to clients and building influential relationships
- Lead the active expansion of the business in assigned account(s) and support the development of business opportunities with new clients
- Oversee the delivery of programmes of work, which could include publications, medical education and digital projects, in accordance with client requirements and overall account best practice
- Manage and develop direct reports and support wider company staff training and development
- Contribute to the management of ACL business (opportunity to join the Senior Management Team)
- Ensure provision of appropriate team resource to enable timely and high-quality delivery
- Lead by example and be a role model for other team members
- Proven leadership in a medical communications agency environment, so able to lead account teams of Medical Writers, Client Service Managers and Editorial Assistants
- Strong financial acumen
- High level of drive, motivation and initiative
- Proven experience in the development/mentoring/coaching of junior colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, particularly Medical Affairs
- Strong leader
- Client focus
- Effective team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
Degree (science, preferably life science); PhD or MSc (desirable)
Interested in applying?
Please complete the form below and upload your CV together with a covering letter.
Required fields are marked*
Position applying for: Programme Director
Adelphi Communications UK
Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane,
Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5JB, UK
T. +44/0 1625 575 500
Adelphi Communications – New York
33 Irving Place,
New York, NY 10003, USA
T. +1/0 917-606-5205
Adelphi Communications – Boston
290 Congress Street,
7th Floor, Boston