Note: to apply for this position please complete and submit the online form at the foot of this post, remembering to upload your CV and covering letter when prompted.
Would you like to join an energetic and growing team of healthcare communication professionals?
2theNth and associated teams within the Adelphi in Healthcare Communications group provide global consultancy in healthcare, developing innovative solutions to client challenges in the healthcare industry, to support improved treatment standards across healthcare.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled individual with the ability to integrate into a strong team environment and play a key role in ensuring office processes and procedures run efficiently and smoothly.
This is a full-time hybrid position, partly based at our global head office in Cheshire. With a vibrant and sociable team environment, opportunities to grow within your role and an excellent benefits package, Adelphi provides the perfect setting for those who want to make a difference.
As the Office Assistant you will be working closely with the Office Coordinator and Recruitment Coordinator to ensure office processes and procedures run efficiently and smoothly. You will be responsible for providing confidential, effective and efficient administration and organisation support for senior managers within the business and also the wider team, in a fast-paced working environment within 2TN and associated teams. In this role, you will have good workload management and prioritisation, possess effective problem-solving and decision-making skills and have great attention to detail.
The ideal person should be confident in working both independently and collaboratively as part of the support team, be a strong team player and able to work in a hybrid office environment.
Main roles and responsibilities
- General administration support to include:
- Organisation of meeting logistics
- Management of stationary stock
- Providing support for expenses and diary management for senior members of staff
- Cover for holiday/sickness absence as and when required for the Office Coordinator
- Organising delivery of company-wide and team gifts
- Travel arrangements
- Support the Office Coordinator with organising the travel arrangements for all staff, providing accurate and thorough travel itineraries and travel packs
- Maintain individual travellers’ profiles and maintaining appropriate records as defined by company policies and practices
- Recruitment: Full, confidential recruitment support during Recruitment Coordinator absence
- Arrange calls with recruitment consultants and hiring managers
- Move candidates through the recruitment process and update the recruitment tracker
- Arrange and coordinate interviews/calls with candidates and internal team members
- Management Team support
- Provide full, confidential secretarial and administrative support to company senior managers, deputising for Office Coordinator as required
- Manage the calendars/diaries of the Executive and Senior Management team members, liaising effectively with other company personnel in the planning of internal and external meetings
- When requested, check emails and phone messages on a regular basis for senior management team members and process accurate final expense reports
- Liaise with clients, as required, on behalf of the Executive and Senior Management team members, in a professional and timely manner
- Be an effective team member
- Communicate in an appropriate, effective and timely manner
- Complete own timesheets to agreed standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Ask for help or clarification when needed
- Demonstrate proactivity and flexibility
- Keep line manager informed of actions and progress, and raise any issues in a proactive manner
- Support account teams when requested to maintain a high level of service and project delivery
- Play a visibly professional role, both internally within ACL, and to clients and prospective clients when necessary
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years prior administration work experience essential
- Agency experience (desirable)
- Demonstrated organisational skills in a prior role.
- Experience with arranging and booking multiple travel requests
- Proactive and highly self-motivated approach to work
- Team player
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbally.
- High attention to detail and thoroughness of approach to work
- Thorough approach to all work undertaken
- Organised (able to multitask)
- Withstands the pressure of deadlines
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent secretarial and administrative skills
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive ‘can do‘ and customer-focused attitude
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the company
- Financial awareness
- Ability to organise effectively
- Constructive approach to problem solving
- Project Management skills
- Excellent skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel – training will be provided where there are skill gaps
Our benefits include competitive salary, pension, performance related bonus, a generous holiday allowance, private health insurance and on-site gym membership, in a friendly and informal office environment.
Interested in applying?
Please complete the form below and upload your CV together with a covering letter.
Required fields are marked*
Position applying for: Office Assistant
Want to learn more?
Visit our Careers page to find out more about our company
We look forward to hearing from you!
Adelphi Communications UK
Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane,
Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5JB, UK
T. +44/0 1625 575 500
Please get in touch to find out more about our services, and how we build long-term partnerships with our clients.
For further information about other Adelphi companies please see the Adelphi Group website.
January 15, 2019